[100 Days of Code] Day 065: June 24, 2017

I haven't published my progress in the last few days also I've been working on my Project.
This is due to the fact that I have been working on getting I2C working on my STM32 and just didn't get it.
Today I started a last try and finally was able to talk to let my STM32 talk to my BME280 environment sensor.
I will post my findings in a separate post. I also have to clean up my code and will publish it in a repo soon.

Today's Progress: Finally got I2C on the STM32L476RG running and communicate with my BME280 environment sensor.

Things I've learned:

  • How to configure I2C on the STM32 in regard to timing, addressing etc. Also took a while to notice that in 7bit addressing the slave address has to be shifted to the left by one when using the HAL!
  • More about using the Analog Discovery 2 to analyse I2C communication.

Things I've planned for tomorrow: Tidy up the source, add more supporting code to finally read sensor values from the BME280 beside the chip id.

Link(s) to work: